Gluten Free Ginger Bread Cookies
If there is one truly loved Christmas treat — it’s the plain old ginger bread cookie.
Yes, I’m boring and I love my plain and simple staples — but I love a nice gingery cookie with a hint of sweetener.
I just HAD to post this recipe up for all of you to enjoy. It’s not actually in my latest Christmas recipe book. So I’m gifting it to you so you can all eat and be merry this year.
If you want to expand on your Christmas meal alternatives, feel free to download this eBook instantly and start prepping for the day now. It’s just around the corner! Check it out here.
If you would like to read more articles like this or start writing your own, please sign up via my link. I’d love to see you on the other side.
Sign up here for your medium subscription
Gluten free ginger bread cookies
Makes about 30 cookies
Takes 15 minutes to prepare
Cooks in 10 minutes
What you need
7 oz. (200g) almond meal
1.8 oz. (50g) rice flour
1.8 oz. (50g) corn flour
1 oz. (30g) potato starch
1 oz. (30g) coconut flour
1 tbsp. gingerbread spice
2 tbsp. coconut sugar
3.5 oz. (100g) honey
2.8 oz. (80g) coconut oil
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp. coconut yogurt
1 egg white, beaten
Gluten free baking powder
What you have to do
- Heat the oven to 360F (180C). Place the almond meal in a large bowl, add all gluten-free flours, gingerbread spice, baking powder, and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- In a saucepan heat the honey with coconut oil (do not overheat it), and cool it down slightly. In the meantime, whisk egg yolks.
- Add in the honey and coconut oil mixture to the flours and mix well. Next add in yogurt, egg yolks and again mix with a spoon, until a dough has formed.
- Top the kitchen counter with a layer of coconut flour and place the dough on top, flattening it with a rolling pin to about 1/3 inch flat.
- Cut out gingerbread figures from the dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with beaten egg white and bake for 10 minutes.
- Smaller and thinner gingerbread should be baked a little shorter. After cooling, store in a container or can.
Nutritional Information per biscuit